September 15, 2010

{A.B.C...it's Easy as 1.2.3...& A Winner}


Howdy Friends! Today I'm sharing a quick little binder make over.  Amanda, @ Funny Days with Mommy & Maddie, highlights all the fun projects she does with her cutie pie for Toddler School.  One day she included a link to Making Learning Fun, where she gets some of her printables.

I clicked on the link & then spent the next 2 days downloading fun A, B, C, pages to do with my little monkey.  As I started printing them, I figured out I easily had over 100 pages....UGH!  What's a girl to do?

I stole a 3 ring binder from my huzby's stash, and busted out the mod podge & scrapbook paper.

I covered the front, back & spine of the binder with mod podge & scrapbook paper.

Then I took some chipboard A, B, C letters, added a coat of mod podge and covered them with some fun Martha Stewart micro beads.

Once those were dry, I added a layer of the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to the top.{extra support to keep those pesky little beads in place!}

Then I waited...waited....and waited for it to dry.  Once dry, I used my handy dandy gorilla glue and glued them to the front of the binder {and used my SUPER HEAVY cast iron skillet to hold it in place while it dried!} Those bad boys aren't goin' anywhere now!

Once it was all complete, I hole punched all the print outs and put them in the folder.  Now I have a shiny new place to store the monkey's ABC learnin' supplies.  I can't wait to get started. 


5 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE the notebook! I have been using my tiny seed beads on wreaths but I love your ABC's too! I think I may just have to whip something together for Maddie too!

and THANK YOU!!!

Diann said...

That notebook turned out really cute Heidi!

Congrats to Amanda!

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

Cute notebook - I love the MS beads, too. {i am not shopping for more supplies - i am not shopping for more supplies....}

Congratulations Amanda! I'm jealous... :)

Joy said...

Cute notebook. I love mod podge too! Please come visit and link up with Make IT Fantabulous! on Friday.
joy
mommaskindacrafty.blogpsot.com

Amy@Crafty Spice said...

Love it!!! Very, very cute!