October 17, 2010

{Sugar Free Sunday - Caramel Apples}


Hello Friends! I have the perfect sugar free fall treat for you today, CARAMEL APPLES! Yep, it's true, you CAN make sugar free caramel apples.  Here's what you'll need:


Sugar Free Caramel squares (I used nips - it took aprox. 1 bag per apple!)
Sugar Free Chocolate
Sliced Almonds
Granny Smith Apples
1 TBS Milk
Fake Dollar Bugs to creep out your family! : )


Wash & dry your apples very well, especially the "dry" part, caramel won't stick to a wet apple.
 
Melt caramel on low-medium heat, once it starts melting, add milk, stirring well.
Once the caramel is melted take it off the heat, let it cool for about 30 - 45 secs then dip your apple.  Once you've dipped your apple wait about another minute then roll in chocolate & nuts.

Put on parchment paper & let cool.
  THEN ENJOY!

If you'd like to give an apple as a gift/treat for a friend or neighbor you can spruce it up with a little GARNISH!


Here's what I used
Clear Acetate Box
Wooden Disposable Knife
Bakery Twine

Isn't that apple so cute all dressed up as a gift! They are also really fun on a serving plate with fake bugs "crawling" all over them! bahahahahaha!

15 comments:

Alicia said...

It's always nice to find a sugar-free recipe. I'm going to looks for sugar free caramel and give this a whirl! Thanks.

Mandi said...

I LOVE caramel apples! Yum! This is awesome to do them sugar free (my family will thank me and then I'll thank you for it!)!

Shelia said...

Oh, how wonderful! These caramel apples look so good well, all except the bugs! :) I think I'll pass on the bugs! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

Mmmmmmm!! It's been ages since I had a caramel apple. If I had the ingredients to make one, I'd be running to the kitchen right now!!

Your apples look really yummy :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Kelly

Jenni said...

wish i was your neighbor...those look delicious! thanks or sharing this sugar free recipe!

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Oh yum!!! These look so delicious!!! The bugs are a funny touch!

Kristi said...

Oh, yum!! My mom and I are both diabetic so these are perfect for us! Thanks for sharing. Found you through "Just Something I Whipped Up".

~ The Speckled Dog

Low Tide High Style said...

These look delicious...who knew you could make such a yummy treat and have it be sugar free?! And I love how you decorated them to give as gifts!

Kat :)

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

Those look yummy! And they're sugar free?!

I love the bugs. :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for this sugar free recipe...they look so yummy!

Blessings,
Linda

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I would LOVE for you to link up this recipe or any others you have for your chance to win over at my HALLOWEEN / FALL recipe linky party!

http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-4-halloween-recipes-and-linky.html

Christy said...

I'm going to have to try this. I love caramel apples!! The pie looks yummy too!

Holly said...

Caramel Apples...pure heaven. They look fabulous too!

Hope said...

I bought everything to try this recipe but I cannot find sugar-free soft caramels anywhere! I can only find sugar-free HARD candies. Bummer!

Can you tell me where you found your Nips?

Hope said...

Oh sorry - I meant to include my email address. Can you please email me where you found the sugar free caramels? brettandhope@gmail.com Thank you so much!