August 27, 2012

{Sugar Free Caramel Apples}

Is it fall yet? I'm SOOO tired of this crazy summer heat! I'm ready for FALL! For football, cozy sweaters, warm socks, scarves, pumpkins and all the comforts of fall!  

Today I'm sharing a special sugar free treat I make for the huzby.



I have the perfect sugar free fall treat for you today, CARAMEL APPLES! Yep, it's true, you CAN make sugar free caramel apples.  

Here's what you'll need:


Sugar Free Caramel squares (I used nips - it took aprox. 1 bag per apple!)
Sugar Free Chocolate
Sliced Almonds
Granny Smith Apples
1 TBS Milk
Fake Bugs to creep out your family! : )

 
Melt caramel on low-medium heat, once it starts melting, add milk, stirring well.


Once the caramel is melted take it off the heat, let it cool for about  30 - 45 secs then dip your apple.  Once you've dipped your apple wait  about another minute then roll in chocolate & nuts.

Put on parchment paper & let cool.


  THEN ENJOY!


Isn't that apple so cute all dressed up as a gift! They are also really fun on a serving plate with fake bugs "crawling" all over them! bahahahahaha!




On another note, I've been feeling the crafty itch lately.  I'm not making any promises, but you just might see a new project or two in the near future. I miss you guys!!

Follow me via PinterestFacebook & Twitter! 
Heidi

4 comments:

Kimberly Pearlman said...

We all miss you too! :)

Heidi said...

Aw Kim! You are so sweet!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SheilaT said...

I miss your projects too!! I loved your new Halloween wreath..awesome!! can't wait to see more hehe!