February 17, 2013

{Painted Table}

I have a HUGE dinning room table that I inherited from my Grandmother.  It's a table that my Grandmother had in her dining room for as long as I can remember. There are lots of great family memories that were made at that table.  

But it's BROWN (wood)...like seriously brown. And it's HUGE so it's A LOT of brown.  I've really been itching to paint it and give it a face lift.  But it's going to be a massive undertaking, so to amp myself up I've been reminiscing about some smaller table make-overs I've done.

How about a little blast from the past table make-over!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Y'all! Last summer, I bought 2 tables at yard sales with the intention of painting them and...never actually got around to it! That is, until NOW! Yep, in the last month I've refinished 3 tables! WOOT!

Here's the first one for you.  Oh and by the way, I'm an AWESOME blogger and didn't take a "before" picture for you.  

But use your imagination, this one was a hideous lacquer 70's 2 layer beast beauty. I paid a whooping $2 for it.  It was in pretty good shape, that lacquer is apparently some durable stuff! But it was ugly!


Using my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White I painted the table.  It covered that lacquer like a champ!


Then I decided it needed to be a little more fun, so I drew on a harlequin pattern, and taped it off using my Scotch Blue Painters Tape! And painted it with Annie Sloan in Provence.


I sanded the pattern a little bit to give it a tiny bit of distressed look, but I didn't sand the legs or any other areas.  So, what do you think?


Follow me via PinterestFacebook & Twitter! 
Heidi

No comments: